Labyrinth of Jareth Coat
This is probably one of the most expensive costumes I have made outside of my wedding dress. I was able to spend so much on this one because it was made for my husband. It looks like the original coat was made out of some glittery Lurex material. I made this one out of crushed velvet so that it could also be worn as a period coat. All of the rhinestones are placed on the lace appliqus, which are hand basted on so they are easily removable for both cleaning purposes and versatility. The cuffs are also hand sewn on so that they can easily be removed. The original coat had tails that went down to the floor. Also pictured (#4) are the shirt and broach that I made to complete the costume. The sash and lace cuffs are not pictured here.