Edwardian Tea Dress
This dress was one of my undergraduate projects. Perhaps since I have cleaned out my storage at my parents home I will be able to find the original research I did for this dress.
I have included this project even though I have mixed feelings about it. It was one of my earliest dresses and I have made many improvements in technique since I made it.
Things I do not like about it include the muslin I used to line the bodice which has become crumpled and lumpy over time. I also made the lining of the skirt too scant and cannot fit the size of petticoat and bustle pad under it that I would like.
I am very proud of the ombre dying I did of the silk chiffon overlay and of the cartridge pleated silk organza ruffle at the bottom of the skirt. It was a much more difficult project than most of the other costume students. The over skirt has applied ribbon "window" design and rats tail vines that used to have flowers made from lace sewn on. I removed the pink lace flowers since they were smashed and dead.